Friday, March 11, 2011

Weekly Finance Update-No grocery shopping!

Well, my success story this week is...I still have $30 out of my $40 weekly grocery budget!



The bad news is, I'm going insane :0) I will post about that later!



We did an impromptu "eat from the pantry" challenge this week, and let me tell you, it was a challenge! I did go buy a loaf of bread on Monday, because I couldn't be bothered with making a loaf as I had planned. Other than that, we have survived on whatever I could find!



My husband worked a lot of overtime last pay period, so we had some more cash to move over to savings. So far, it doesn't look like we are going to be missing my extra income this month. I know it's only been a week, but we have saved more than what I made in 2 months. Things are looking good.



Current financial goals:



  • Dave Ramsey's Baby Step 1 DONE
  • Dave Ramsey's Baby Step 2 in progress
  • Cut $40 a month out of our budget by using Swagbucks and Survey site redemptions for pet food.
  • Find a new home to rent so we can start a home buying fund.

I am not sure how long we will be in Baby Step 2, since we will need to accumulate over time from my husband's job for that. Unless of course he gets the job he is hoping for. It pays well, and we will be able to put more money towards savings every month.

Any success stories you want to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment